Post-Graduate Diploma in Adult Education: Participatory Adult Learning, Documentation and Information Networking (PGDAE) is the result of collaborative efforts of the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), United Nationâ€™s Educational Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) and Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU).
This innovative Programme aims at promoting professional development and capacity building in the area of adult education with an emphasis on participatory adult learning, documentation and information networking at national and international levels. It is meant for both in-service and pre-service graduates.
To promote professional competency and capacity building of the adult education functionaries as well as all those interested in entering and seeking a career in the field of adult education. The idea is:
- To develop their knowledge and understanding of various aspects of theory and practice of adult education;
- To upgrade their knowledge and understanding of adult education policies and programmes;
- To enhance their understanding and skills of documentation, management and dissemination of knowledge and information on various aspects and processes of adult education;
- To improve their knowledge, understanding, skills and abilities related to organizing and managing an adult learning setup;
- To equip them with the skills of involving the community in participatory planning and development of curriculum, teaching learning, training, evaluation and research processes in adult education;
- To enhance their understanding and skills of networking for their personal, social, and professional development; and
- To enable them to critically analyse, appreciate and promote the role of adult education in the emerging social, political, cultural, economic, developmental, environmental and educational situations for effecting transformation at the national and international levels.